Hello People

"No matter how hard life is, just think positive and you will succeed!" -Aliakamal-

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Super 8 Movie Review

Yesterday, I managed to persuade one of my best friends, Hasinah, to accompany me for a movie.. Insidious. Ahyad said that the movie was very scary and thrilling. I was very eager that I made early plan with Hasinah to Bkt Raja. However, we discovered that the showing period had ended. Alaaa..very2 dissappointed.

Thus, to cover up for the disappointment, we decided to watch another movie.

Usually, I'm quite picky on movies to be watched. To date, I have only watch less than 20 movies on cinemas. And yes, this time, I bought the movie ticket without knowing what it will be about..

SUPER 8




The poster doesn't tell you much right? Hmm.. It seems that the two big names really are powerful enough to attract movie goers.


The summary
In the summer of 1979, a group of friends in a small Ohio town witness a catastrophic train crash while making a super 8 movie and soon suspects that it was not an accident. Shortly after, unusual disappearances and inexplicable events begin to take place in town, and the local Deputy tries to uncover the truth - something more terrifying than any of them could have imagined source

The review

The first part of the movie tells the audience on the background of Joe Lamb (Joel Courtney) --the friends and their horror movie project. In my opinion, most of the dialogues used by the young actors sounded very natural and funny.

I love the train scene :)
I really wish that I brought Ayman (my 7 year old little brother) together so that he can watch the coolness of the effects. However, Ayman is a diligent student who'll never agree to skip school without valid reason..huhu.. Sometimes, he even acts more mature than me! (poyo sungguh..haha..its ok to write about him here, he doesn't understand English much)


This train incident leads them to the mystery of an unknown creature.

In all, I enjoyed the movie so much. Also, the movie plot can be easily enjoyed by the whole family.


while filming the zombie movie


There were some unexpected scenes and some scenes were quite thrilling with good sound effects and graphic techniques.

Also, you will be sorry if you don't wait until the credit roll ended. They actually include the short zombie movie that was acted, filmed, and produced by Joe and his friends. The short movie was kind of cute and funny!

Although this story promotes love and friendship theme, it is not as heavy neither adventurous as A.I.

the rate: 7.7/10


thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...